Monday, December 12, 2011

Body Shop Lip Scuff and Hard Candy Heavy Duty Glamoflauge Concealer

Body Shop Lip Scuff:
Body Shop's website describes it as: A moisturizing lip care product that gently exfoliates the lips to help remove dead skin cells, leaving the lips feeling smooth, soft and conditioned.


My opinion: This lip scrub smells like a slight mint. Smell is not too strong, it's actually pretty pleasant. It is basically a lip balm with beads that is supposed to exfoliate and hydrate lips at the same time; uhm no. FAIL. I don't find this product moisturizing at all. It actually dries out my lips. I tried to scrub my lips but it failed miserably. It only left part of chapped lipped skin slightly peeled off so I have to pull off the rest of the dead skin and my lips just end up bleeding. This scruff fails at its purpose. My friend also tried this and she had the same effects I did. This product does not leave my lips soft and conditioned. I DO NOT recommend this product. 0 out of 5 stars. That serious.


Hard Candy Heavy Duty Glamofauge Concealer
This is a multi-purpose use concealer for dark circles, blemishes, uneven skin tone, and tattoo cover up. Contains .71oz of product. This product is very heavy. A little goes a long way, seriously. All I need is less than a pee size, literally just a dot of product and covers my bags on both eyes completely. I have really dark circles no matter what how much I sleep or drink fluids. So far, this is the best coverage concealer I have tried. When set with a powder, no visible creasing for over 8 hours. I purchased this because I saw it at my local Walmart. I was planning on purchasing Kat Von D's concealer, however I don't want to purchase it anymore because I am very content with the results of the Hard Candy Concealer. One downfall is there are only three colors to choose from: light, medium, tan.
Coverage: 5 out of 5 stars.
Color Pay off: 5 out of 5 stars.
Color Selection: 3 out of 5 stars.
Lasting Power: 5 out of 5 stars.
Price: $6.00

On the left you can see my hand without the concealer, my veins show. On the right with the concealers you cannot see my veins at all.




2 comments:

  1. Ah, I find most lip scrubs dry my lips out! Its a shame, I was interested in trying this too >o<

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh good thing I read your post before buying that Body Shop Lip Scuff product. I was thinking about buying it! Would you be interested in following each other's blog ?

    -Lisa
    http://makeupforview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete